4.24.2013

LUNCH BREAK




Almost every day we go for lunch with our collegues from Gaastra and McGregor, which makes me feel like I'm really part of the team. Although everything is in Catonese and I don't understand a thing of what they are saying or ordering, we have a lot of fun. 

I'm willing to try all kind of weird Chinese food, today I had sea cucumber, jellyfish and pork belly. Last week they were laughing and talking loud because they wanted us to try this weird 'insect looking' thing, which apparently was a tongue/ throat of a duck. When I asked what it was nobody answered, they only said 'I don't think you dare to eat that'. Never say 'you don't dare..' to me!! So, I ate it and I even liked it however I would never order it in a restaurant because it looks horrible. They were quite surprised but I gained a lot of respect now and I'm getting more and more Chinese by the day. I never thought that I would say this, but when I'm home I'm going to miss the real  Chinese food. They don't have bami pangang or foe yong hai here. Sometimes I have no idea what I'm eating but I think it's better that I don't know. I even become a pro with the chopsticks (halloo-oo, I can eat rice with chopsticks!), I don't think I remember how to eat with a knife and a fork haha. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten